Skip to main content

Part 1 - Setting up the project continued

Step 3 - Include Twitter Bootstrap CSS

I have splitted this into multiple post as I want the readers to take this easy paced and not rushed. I have an index.jsp which is not redirecting to the index.html. I will take care of this later. Now we need to setup Twitter Bootstrap CSS - currently the most comprehensive and best CSS framework / library available.I am using the latest version 2.1.1. The css, images and js are placed in the webapp/assets folder of the Maven web project. This is shown in figure 1 below.

Figure 1 - Bootstrap CSS

Step 4 - Create controller

Now quickly create a controller class as shown in listing below:

/**
*
*/
package com.effectivcrm.controller;

import org.springframework.stereotype.Controller;
import org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.RequestMapping;

/**
* @author Dhrubo
* 07-Sep-2012
*/
@Controller
public class GuestController {

@RequestMapping(value="/index")
public String gotoSignIn(){
return "signin";
}

@RequestMapping(value="/authentication")
public String authentication(){
return "home";
}
}

Keeping the bigger goal of modularitly I have already setup the dispatcher servlet to load Spring configuration file by scanning the classpath. This can be noted in the web.xml configuration. Also later I will move the assets and controller to separate jars to achieve this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 3 - Integrating Tiles, Thymeleaf and Spring MVC 3

In this post I will demonstrate how to integrate Apache Tiles with Thymeleaf. This is very simple. The first step is to include the tiles and thymeleaf-tiles extension dependencies. I will include them in the pom.xml. Note we wil lbe using Tiles 2.2.2 Listing 1 - parent/pom.xml --- thymeleaf-tiles and tiles dependencies <!-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ --> <!-- Tiles --> <!-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ --> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.tiles</groupId> <artifactId>tiles-core</artifactId> <version>${tiles.version}</version> <scope>compile</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.tiles</groupId> <artifactId>tiles-template</artifactId> <version>${tiles.version}</version> <scope>compile</s...

CKEDITOR 3.x - Simplest Ajax Submit Plugin

  I have assumed that you have downloaded and got started with CKEDITOR. Step 1 – The html file is shown below: <html> <head> <title>Writer</title> <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="content-type" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script> <style> .cke_contents { height: 400px !important; } </style> </head> <body> <form action="sample_posteddata.php" method="post"> <textarea id="editor" > </textarea> <script type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ CKEDITOR.replace( 'editor', { fullPage : true, uiColor : '#9AB8F3', toolbar : 'MyToolbar' }); //]]> </script> </form> </body> </html> Note that the jquery js...

Load your Spring beans as plug-ins

There are different ways of loading Spring beans in a web application – viz using the dispatcher servlet or the context loader listener. A more modular and flexible approach (which also allows you to minimize coupling and dependencies in your applications) is to load the barebones of your application with the core context loaders and load the rest of your beans in a pluggable way. For example you may be interested in loading your page controllers, business tier and data access code as three separate modules. Off course you can do this and then use import in a main spring config file or a comma separate list in your web.xml where you configure the spring bean definition xmls. But what if you just wanted to drop in a jar with Spring beans and be sure they will be loaded and registered in the container. This also eases the pain of swapping an implementation. The goal is to put all your Spring beans in a particular layer, package it as a jar with one or more configuration file(with one fol...